Happy Saturday loves!!
I’m so lucky to be able to share today’s engagement session with you all! This couple is way too adorable and charming. As soon as I saw photos of their dog….I was a goner! Taking place on August 23rd, 2014 in Florida, this Melbourne Beach Oceanside engagement session is oh-so dreamy. Let’s here from our couple!
- How we met: During our senior year of undergrad at UF, I (Kayla) moved in with a long-time friend, Traci, who I’ve known since middle-school. The night that I moved in, we were planning to go out for the night. Traci suggested that we first stop by her neighbors’ house; that there were two really nice guys living close by and we should stop by. I walked in, began talking to Billy (one of the neighbors) and the rest was history. We spent the entire night just talking to each other for hours on end. It was as if no one else was there. We talked and talked and on the ride home, he and I were sitting in Traci’s back seat. I’ll never forget when he looked over at me and held my hand for the first time. We’ve been together ever since!
- How he asked: While living in Gainesville, one of our favorite places to go was the Kanapaha Botanical Gardens. On our 4th year anniversary, Billy took me there with our friend Traci, under the guise of, “Traci has never been here, we should take her.” I (Kayla) did not suspect a thing but later realized Traci was there to capture Billy’s beautiful proposal. There is a picturesque gazebo in the Butterfly Garden and Billy suggested that we take a photo there. He said “First, let’s take a picture like this.” And he put his arm around me and we both smiled for Traci. He then said, “OK, now let’s take one like this.” And he proceeded to kiss me on the cheek. Finally, he said, “OK, now let’s take one like this.” And he got down on one knee, and asked me to marry him. Of course, I said yes!
- What I love most about him/her:
Billy: I love how much fun it is to be with her, no matter where we are or what we are doing. She makes living everyday fun.
Kayla: Billy is the most kind, thoughtful, and selfless person I have ever met. He is my best friend and is always there for me no matter what- through the tears, the laughs, the cuddles, the adventures, through it all- there is no one else I’d rather have by my side. He also loves our dog as much I do…a true keeper!
Some of my favorite bits?
- Of course I loved their adorable dog! As a dog lover myself, nothing beats including our furry babies on such an important occasion.
- I also love love love the photo of Kayla’s engagement ring surrounded by candy with words of love and romance.
- The beach! Such a naturally beautiful and relaxed atmosphere. I loved everything about these two lovebirds walking around the beach hand in hand.
Congrats to Kayla and Billy on their upcoming wedding. Can’t wait to see your wedding day!